Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pond Challenge

I just finished a great project with the help of my friends on Quilt With Us, Love of Quilt Arts Group. I challenged 11 other friends to make a section of this photo:


I divided the photo into twelve 10"x10" sections and randomly drew names for each section and sent them to each woman. No one saw the entire photo until the end. 
Rules were simple, they could use any form of fabric plus embellishments, such as beads, angelina fibers or thread painting that they desired. They had to add 1/2" seam allowance on all sides, to allow for fudging adjustments when I put it together. They had to keep 3 dimensional adjustments away from the seam allowances to make sure I could sew it together.
One woman used caboshons for the bubbles, another used Inktense pencils to enhance her block. Several used angelina fibers, beads and fancy thread painting.

It turned out so wonderful!


Here are some detail photos:


I printed the label on Electric Quilt's printable fabric, using the original photo and placing each woman's name over the section they designed. It measures about 7"x9".

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. This was a great and fun challenge, Becky. I love how you did the label... gives me good ideas for when I get my quilt finished.

    ReplyDelete