Brief instructions follow the pictures.
- Using standard card stock in green or red, cut in half vertically, into two pieces, 4 1/4" x 11".
- Score them before folding to make crisp folds. Measuring from the left edge, score at 4" and 8 1/2" and then fold away from the score. This makes a nice envelope type fold, though the sides will be open.
- Trim the edges with fancy scissors.
- With the two flaps folded in, punch holes through the flaps, so the holes will match when you are threading the ribbon closure.
- Now decorate however you want, with stamps, stickers, glitter, markers, rick rack, ribbon, punches, whatever you have on hand.
- I found little zip bags in the craft jewelry and beading department at Walmart and put in about a dozen green M & M style candies that I bought at Fresh Market. You can use any green candy, jelly beans or mints would be fine as well as any small bag for the candy.
- I taped the bags inside the pouch, though you could staple if you like.
The poem came from here, which was posted on Pinterest and I pinned to my Christmas board. Also from Pintrest, the idea for the pouch came from here, though I modified it to the size I wanted and changed how the ribbon was used.
You could make these in lots of ways, there's a poem out there for Snowman poop or other kinds of "pills." I thought about the winter blues and blue candies, and a poem like "Has winter got you down? Can't get to town? Just pop a pill or two and say goodbye to the blues!" Or some such thing...
I hope you try these!